Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mad Hatter Tea Party Baby Shower Diaper Cake

Mommy to be requested no characters but wanted to match her theme. I did have to put a ceramic white rabbit in the corner.

Tea Cups are from Wall Decor and More, Tea Pot, Pocket Watch are from Disney Classics and are the the Alice theme. I had to hide contour the rabbit on both the tea pot and the pocket watch. If you look to the right you see this little white rabbit. He had to be there.

I fused 2 cuts of tea cups together with this fabulous new find: Pellon Pellex 72F. It made my fabric really stiff like it was fabric covered foam and it stays fused. I am going to find lots of new things to do with this.

You can barely see the inch and a half pink and brown polka dot grosgrain ribbon on each of the tiers but it matches the fabric exactly. I added pink tulle to the tiers because the diapers had too much blue and I needed the cake to be for a girl baby shower.

Enjoy and thank you for looking.

~in friendship,

Linda


Mad Hatter Tea Party Diaper Cake



22 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW and may I just say WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I had no idea you had a blog. The cake is amazing. Hope to get a chance to "play" with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love your creations TFS &
    Hugs
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I have never seen a diaper cake quite like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful!!! I love the diaper cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is totally awesome. You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love...oh my mind is racing now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Super cute diaper cake

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so impressed! This is fabulous! Good Luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Fabulous diaper cake! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my granddaughter would so love this.
    Cherylann (prinkles)

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally love this! How do you bundle the diaper up in sections? You need to get in touch with my mom with this idea ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can email you the instructions! Just taught Melissa too! Please tell your mom to call me.

      Delete